Now we don’t usually post things about food or cooking, but Fernanda has been experimenting in the kitchen and recently cooked a very good, spicy meal. It was called Keema Biryani, and it’s a very flavorful dish from India. Here is Fernanda’s recipe:
What you’ll need:
-2 cups of Basmati Rice
-Minced ground beef
-1 sliced onion
-1 tsp of coriander powder and cumin powder
-2 tbsp of red chili powder
-2 tbsp of cardamoms, 2 tbsp of cloves
-2 Bay leaves, and a handful of chopped dill
-A squirt of lime
-A splash of olive oil
-A pinch of pepper
-A pinch of salt
How to cook:
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions. Add half of the spices, powders, and bay leaves. Stir. Leave on low heat.
- Prepare the rice.
- Fry the beef for 7-8 minutes over a high/medium heat.
- Once the meat is nicely cooked, mix in salt, pepper, and the rest of the cumin powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and bay leaves. Add onions and cook it covered over a low flame
- In another pan mix the meat and rice all together.
- Seal the pan and keep the Keema Biryani on low heat for 5-15 minutes to fully cook the rice and infuse everything with flavor.
- Serve hot with with a nice drink.
Photographs by Fernanda Cameron